This course examines various approaches to assessment and classification of mental disorders including diagnostic formulations that are the basis for guiding treatment and intervention. This course will examine approaches to assessing the needs of individuals for treatment and care; clinical signs and symptoms of mental illness and disorders; behaviour, problems and goals; and risk and safety. Furthermore, the course will explore the use of standardised approaches to assessment in comparison to unstructured clinical interviews and how to use information gathered from assessment, through the process of clinical formulation.
- Enrolled in Program AR520, AR620 or AR630
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A:Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.