This course examines the definitions and practices of mindfulness-based therapies, and their role in counselling. The course will focus on empirically supported clinical interventions across a wide range of populations, with attention given to the conduct of group work for therapeutic benefit. Mindfulness will be explored as a means of fostering self-care and growth as a counselling professional. The course will be both knowledge-based and experiential, as you will learn and apply a variety of mindfulness-based practices.
- Enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A:Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.