This course investigates visual culture and how and why images are constructed to convey particular meanings. You will examine the benefits and limitations of using images to communicate by exploring how images tell stories, communicate ideas, evoke emotions and create impact. You will learn about controversial, challenging, iconic, appropriated and manipulated images and critically reflect on the use of images in contemporary culture. The course addresses image use in many contexts including art and design, advertising, mass media, historical images, information design and animation.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Moreton Bay: Not Currently Offered
- Online: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 2B
- Tuition fee
- 2.2B: Visual & Performing Arts, Graphic & Design, Prof Pathway
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.