The term 'development' is a highly contested term. In this course progressive and sustainable development implies that poverty and oppression are not inevitable; that social justice and freedom for all people is achievable. In a globalising world of multiple conflicts and widening gaps between rich and poor, the prospects for achieving this possibility are challenging. In this course you will examine a variety of development paradigms and frameworks for a deeper understanding of the complexities embedded within development discourse in the international aid context.
- Enrolled in any PGRD Program
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
View the current course outline for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.