The course introduces you to current and past theories and models of English language teaching. You will view the variety of practices relevant to children's development from the acquisition stage of learning through to Year 6. You will engage in studies of 'how' and 'why' it is essential to differentiate instruction to teach reading, writing, listening, and speaking to children from a broad range of contexts. A variety of teaching strategies will be explored and you will gain competence in matching teaching strategies to students' use of cueing systems and processing strategies. You will learn how to assess student's reading and writing competence.
- Enrolled in Program ED301, ED303, ED304, ED306, AE301, AE302, BE301, SE301, ED601, ED602, ED603, ED503
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.