This course introduces different genres within creative non-fiction writing, including: the tradition of the great essayists; travel writing; 'science' writing; historical fiction; and memoir, biography and autobiography. Concepts such as verisimilitude, believability, and persuasion are explored, as are the lines between the real and the constructed. The course examines the key roles of objective research and subjective identity in the construction of writing.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Online: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4E
- Tuition fee
- 1.4E: AV Studies, Journalism, Written Comm, Comm and Media nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.