This course provides knowledge and understanding of electrical power distribution with topics covering - distribution system planning and automation, load characterisation and modelling of distribution networks, application of distribution transformers, design of sub-transmission lines and distribution sub-station, and the distribution system and distributed generation. You will be introduced to the development of an optimal distribution system with respect to construction cost, capitalisation, performance reliability, and operating efficiency.
- Enrolled in Program GC005, GD005, MC005, GC006, GD006, MC006 or SC404
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.