This course will provide you with an introduction to principles of renewable energy. The course covers different types of renewable and alternative energy sources, and discusses their configuration, basic principles of operation, achievable efficiency, and cost. You will also be introduced to the impact of the new energy technologies on the environment, obstacles to their wide implementation in industrial and consumer applications, and the role of social attitudes and government planning, financial investments and incentives.
- Enrolled in Program GC005, GD005 or MC005
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Moreton Bay: Not Currently Offered
- Online: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.