This course explores how societies and their environments have shaped remote, rural, periurban, urban and sea-change and tree-change regions over time. You will investigate the spatial patterns and processes of places and how they transform, and the key concepts that affect the mosaic of regions that make up our worlds from local to global scales. You will compare patterns and processes within and between regions, and discover interconnections between locales. Finally, you will discuss and critique key strategies for encouraging the sustainability of regions.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Moreton Bay: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.