This course explores the relationship between humans and nature by examining the interactions between natural, social, and political processes across time. The approach will be chronological and thematic with a concentration on Australian environment. These will include Indigenous approaches to caring for Country, colonisation and land settlement, ‘natural’ disasters, the Murray-Darling Basin and climate change. The course explains how history can help us understand current environmental issues.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4C
- Tuition fee
- 1.4C: History, Indigenous Studies, Legal, Just and Law Enfor nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.