This course introduces you to the discipline of midwifery, and the roles, responsibilities and scope of practice of midwives. Political and social influences on the development of the discipline will be discussed. Foundational knowledge and skills necessary for the promotion of health and wellbeing for women, infant and family will be developed.
- Enrolled in Program SC393
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.