In this course you will be introduced to the frameworks, knowledge and clinical reasoning used in the health assessment of women and infants. You will investigate biophysical and social assessment knowledge and processes, across the lifespan in a diverse range of healthcare contexts in which midwives practice. You will learn how to apply primary health care principles to health assessment, including identifying needs and planning and documenting health assessment strategies. You will undertake clinical experience in a variety of clinical settings (80 hours).
- HLT131 and enrolled in Program SC393. Semester 1 offering only for RN pathway students in SC393
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.