This course will introduce you to a range of therapeutic approaches in midwifery. These approaches include pharmacological and non pharmacological interventions appropriate to normal pregnancy, birth and puerperium as well as in complex situations; complementary therapies used in midwifery practice; and psychotherapy applied to perinatal mental health. There will be an emphasis on critical analysis of evidence as it relates to a range of therapeutic interventions.
- NUR231 and enrolled in Program SC394, SC393, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band IA
- Tuition fee
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.