This course introduces you to the major concepts, methodologies, tools and techniques that are required to analyse, design, and develop well-structured databases for modern organisations. Data modelling using entity-relationship diagrams is taught and applied. You will then use a DBMS to gain an appreciation of the concepts and practical application of database management systems. SQL is covered to complete the cycle of professional practice.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.