‘About Japan’ aims to introduce students to the study of Japan. It is designed for those students with an interest in Japan, either through their language studies or other disciplinary interest. The course will be taught in English, however use of Japanese-language material is encouraged. The course considers approaches to the study of Japan, historical and political influences, socio-cultural issues and Japan in the international domain. Topics include changing family and societal dynamics, language and culture, Japan’s popular culture and its international scope, political institutions, the workplace and education.
- Any 2 courses or enrolled in Program AB101, UU302, UU301, XU301, AR505, AR605, XP601 or UP601
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.