This course considers law in context (social, cultural, historical, philosophical). It does so to highlight the value of legal theory to the practice of law, and the role of “thinking legally” in navigating professional and legal life. It aims to provide students with critical thinking skills and a capacity to develop reasoned, scholarly arguments. This course introduces you to various legal systems, and perspectives on law and its role in modern times. You will develop your legal writing skills and extend your research skills to include secondary legal sources.
- LAW101 and enrolled in any Law Program or AR013.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.