In this course you will develop advanced knowledge and skills to interpret and apply the often complex legislation of the modern regulatory state. You will evaluate a range of regulatory techniques available to government and the circumstances in which they are used, focusing on the use of laws (legal regulation). You will examine the components of legislative schemes, including rule-making and control of subordinate legislation. You will apply advanced interpretive approaches to give a reasoned opinion as the appropriate meaning of legislative provisions.
- LAW301 and LAW401 and enrolled in any Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B:Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.