Manufacturing involves the transformation of metals, ceramics and plastics into functional products. Manufacturing engineering focuses on the technologies and integrated production systems required for the manufacture of high-quality, economically competitive consumer products. This course introduces the knowledge and skills of modern manufacturing processes, production systems and quality management practices to turn a conceptual idea into a globally competitive the finished product. The theoretical knowledge is reinforced with practical work, demonstrations and factory visits.
- ENG225 or MEC225 or MEC1201 and enrolled in Program SC410, SC411, SC425, SC404, SC405, AB101, UU301 or XU301
- ENG226 or MEC2202
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.