In general, thermofluids is a combination of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer. Building on the foundational concepts covered in Thermofluids 1 and Thermofluids 2, this course will study advanced concepts of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer. Some of the key topics of this course are: Gas and vapour power cycles; Turbomachinery; Compressible flow; Transient heat conduction; and Thermal Radiation.
- MEC302 or ENG300
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.