This course introduces you to essentials for caring for children young people and their families; principles of health promotion, primary health care and advocacy in health care. You will develop skills in communicating, assessing and caring for children, young people and families in a variety of practice contexts. You will reflect on health inequalities that exist for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Peoples' families and their children and consider culturally safe practice to respond to their health needs.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, SC391, SC392, SC393, SC394,SC335, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.