This introductory course explores the history, founding values, and philosophies of the profession. The role of contemporary practice will be explored in the context of the Australian healthcare system. The occupational therapy practice process and foundational theory will be explored to scaffold the link between engagement in meaningful occupations and health and well-being. Simulated practice education, focusing on culturally responsive practice, is an assessed component of this course. It contributes towards the total 1000 hours required by WFOT.
- Enrolled in Program SC440
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.