This introductory course explores the history, founding values and philosophies of the profession. The role of contemporary occupational therapy will be explored in the context of the complex and multi-discipline Australian health care system. Occupational therapy theory and the practice process will be introduced to scaffold understanding of the link between engagement in meaningful occupation and wellbeing. The practice education component will introduce decolonising occupational therapy through a strengths-based approach and the development of culturally responsive practice.
- Enrolled in Program SC440
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.