Development studies is an interdisciplinary field of social science. The meaning of 'development' is to enhance human wellbeing in developing countries including Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America. The course introduces development theories, colonisation, industrialisation, rural development, urbanization, gender, health, education and the environment. Graduates choose careers with international development organisations including the United Nations and non-government organisations.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.