Debate about the appropriate role of the state in welfare has been heightened by contemporary neoliberal reforms, including privatisation, managerialism, competition policy and economic globalisation. These developments have impacted upon welfare provision, on economic policy and social equity and wellbeing. This course explores the domestic and international factors that have shaped the welfare system in Australia with a strong focus on contemporary developments.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.