How to take up your deferred place | UniSC | University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Accessibility links

How to take up your deferred place

If you currently hold a deferred place at UniSC, we’ll be in touch via email to let you know when enrolments open for the semester/session you’ve chosen to start your study. 

This email will include instructions on the steps you need to complete to take up your deferred place.  

  1. Use your USC student login details (included in the email) to log in to our enrolment system, USC Central.  
  2. Select the ‘Tasks’ tile.  
  3. Complete the ‘Take up a deferred place’ task.  
  4. If your deferred place is in the Bachelor of Nursing Science (including Graduate Entry) or Bachelor of Midwifery, complete the ANMAC declaration on the USC website to show that you meet the English language requirements.  
  5. Once you've completed these steps (and we've assessed your ANMAC declaration, if required) we'll send you a new offer letter via email. 

IMPORTANT: Make sure you do this as soon as possible, before the due date. Applications for some programs may close early, without notice, and requests received after that time may not be considered.

If you’d like to start studying sooner, you can change your semester/session of commencement. 

What happens next

After your application has been processed, you will be sent an offer email to your nominated email address. Your offer email will give you information about getting started at UniSC.

Applying for credit

If you have studied previously or have relevant work experience, you can apply for credit transfer or recognition of prior learning. Visit Credit transfer for more details on how to apply, including the supporting documentation needed.

If you had already applied for credit before you deferred, please submit a new credit application. (This is because program requirements can change from one semester to the next, so your application needs to be reviewed in line with the current requirements, to ensure you are awarded the maximum possible credit.)

Submit your application before the on-time application date for credit transfer. Applications (or supporting documentation) received after this date may not be assessed in time for the commencement of your studies.

Changing your starting semester/session

To change the semester/session you want to commence study in, follow the below steps: 

  1. Use your USC student login details (included in your original offer email) to log in to our enrolment system, USC Central.
  2. Select the ‘Tasks’ tile. 
  3. Select ‘Fill out a new form’ 
  4. Complete the form called ‘Change return deferral term’ 

If you can’t find your login details, contact our Student Central team for help.  

What happens next

After your application has been processed, you will allocated a take up deferred place task. You will then be sent an email on how to take up your deferred place at UniSC.

Changing your campus

When you complete the application to take up your deferred place, you can request to study your program at any UniSC campus where that program is offered. If your request is approved, we’ll send you an offer for your new campus.  

Want to study a different program?

If you would like to be considered for a different UniSC program, contact Student Central to find out how to apply.

For more information or help

If you have any questions about your deferred place, the application process or starting study, our Student Central team are here to help.