Steps to apply
If you have completed undergraduate study or have extensive professional experience and are preparing to apply to university, follow the steps below.
Choose from more than 50 postgraduate programs we have on offer to help students improve themselves personally and professionally through higher education.
We offer the flexibility for you to choose a study method that suits you. Whether that’s online or on campus – we’re here to help you succeed.
To find out when to apply, refer to the application dates for key dates and deadlines.
Check the admission requirements of your postgraduate program.
To be eligible for admission to a postgraduate program at UniSC, you normally need to have completed a bachelor degree from an Australian higher education institution or recognised equivalent.
Programs may have additional requirements such as:
- prior study in a specific area
- a minimum GPA in undergraduate study
- specific work or professional experience
- professional standing / recognition in, or membership of, a professional body
- personal statements and interview
For Graduate Certificate programs, other entry criteria may be specified, such as:
- formal study undertaken for awards at the sub-degree level
- programs provided by recognised professional bodies, employers and other authorities
- relevant professional registration or vocational experience
- demonstrable expertise
UniSC makes admission offers to applicants who we believe have a reasonable chance of succeeding in the program they’re applying for – in line with our Admissions, Enrolments and Graduation - Academic Policy.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to meet the minimum English language requirements for your chosen program.
Refer to Application forms for how to apply.
Exception - Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Teaching (Primary)
Apply online through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) except:
- if you have had an enrolment in the past two years in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at UniSC you are not required to apply for admission to the Master of Teaching (Secondary) or the Master of Teaching (Primary) through QTAC. If you are in this category, apply directly to UniSC. Refer to Application forms for how to apply.
You may be eligible to gain credit for prior studies or work experience.
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be assessed and you will be advised by email if you have been made an offer.
If you have questions about your application: