If you are currently finishing school and preparing to apply to university, follow the steps below.
International Students refer to How to apply for international students.
Ready to apply?
Study at the only full-service university campus on the Sunshine Coast, USC Sunshine Coast, or at one of USC's other convenient study locations at Moreton Bay, SouthBank, Gympie, Fraser Coast or Caboolture.
To find out when to apply, refer to the application dates for cut-off dates and deadlines.
Check the admission requirements on the 'Why study this program?' tab of your chosen degree for the:
OP/Selection rank required
You must be eligible for an ATAR or selection rank equal to or above the minimum selection threshold in the offer round, through completion of a recognised formal or non-formal qualification. The ATAR/Selection Rank stated on the program summary of your chosen degree is a guide only as it can vary from intake to intake.
You may be eligible for an adjustment to your ATAR or selection rank under the Access USC Scheme.
Check if you satisfy any subject prerequisites specified in the 'Why study this program?' tab of your chosen degree. Recommended prior study is not a prerequisite subject, but a recommendation as to the knowledge you should possess in that subject area.
Current Year 12 students apply online through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
You have the option to list up to 6 degree preferences on your application, with your preferred degree as first preference.
Once you have successfully completed your QTAC application, you can view or update your application through QTAC's Application Services. Once an offer round has occurred, you will be advised by email if you have been made an offer.
When studying at university, you will need to budget for fees, study-related costs and living expenses.
Also, you may be eligible for the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP):
- HECS-HELP — Commonwealth supported students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders).
- SA-HELP — Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders. For assistance with paying Student Services and Amenities Fees only.
- FEE-HELP — fee-paying students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders). Also available for students who decline Commonwealth supported place and are charged full fees.
- OS-HELP — eligible students wishing to undertake part of their undergraduate degree overseas.
Visit askUSC for answers to questions about applying to study at USC.
If you have questions about your application:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 7 5430 2890
- In person: Student Central, Building C, USC Sunshine Coast campus