Students can explore K’gari’s unique ecosystems from the comfortable base at Dilli Village.
The island has unlimited potential for diverse educational projects focusing on natural resources or historical and current use.
The Centre is currently used by a number of university and school groups for learning experiences, such as:
- discovering K'gari’s unique fauna adaptations
- comparing the different lake types on the Island
- studying K'gari’s unique bird life – identifying them, listening to their calls and watching their habits
- studying the fore dunes on Seventy-Five Mile Beach, a short stroll from the Centre
- studying the management issues facing K'gari.