What to bring | UniSC | University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Accessibility links

What to bring


Permits are required for driving and camping on K'gari. Driving permits can be obtained from the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing or telephone 13 74 68 (from within Australia).

If you are staying at Dilli Village only, and do not plan to camp elsewhere on K'gari, advise the staff member when obtaining your driving permit so that you are not charged for a camping permit.

Camping equipment

You will need to bring all your camping gear with you, including cooking equipment.


There are limited refuelling facilities on Fraser Island with fuel available at Eurong Beach, Kingfisher Bay Resort, Happy Valley and Orchid Beach.

LPG for vehicles is not available on the island.


There are a limited number of shops on the island so it is advisable to bring enough food for your visit. Some grocery items are available at Eurong Beach, Happy Valley and Kingfisher Bay Resort.

K'gari is World Heritage-listed so please remember that everything you bring to the island must be taken back with you.

When travelling outside of Dilli Village, always keep your food and rubbish safely stored away from dingoes.


Bed linen and bath towels are not provided as part of the accommodation costs in the cabins and bunkhouses, but sets containing sheets, pillowcases and a bath towel may be hired for A$10 per set.

Staying safe

K'gari is a natural wilderness so particular consideration should taken with activities, access, climate and wildlife. The Dilli Village Information Sheet (PDF 579KB) has advice on how to stay safe on K'gari.