Applications for Semester 2 2022 scholarships have now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 26 August 2022.
The aim of the Bursary is to support Education students from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to gain valuable workplace learning and teaching experience as part of their degree. The amount of each bursary will be determined based on the location of the placement.
The Indigenous Education Placement Bursary will provide financial assistance for eligible USC students to undertake their education placement.
Please Note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- enrolled full or part-time in any Bachelor of Education program or a Master of Teaching
- successfully completed at least 192 credit points if enrolled in a Bachelor of Education program or at least 96 credit points if enrolled in a Master of Teaching
- undertaking a USC approved Professional Experience (PEx) placement
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
Awarding of bursary will be prioritised as follows:
- Students undertaking placement in a rural or remote community where Indigenous education will be a significant part of the experience; or Students undertaking placement in an urban school with a significant Indigenous population.
- Students undertaking placement in a rural or remote school
- Students undertaking placement in any eligible school
- Financial need based on duration of placement and travel distance from home location
Students are eligible to receive this bursary more than once for subsequent placements and preference will be given to past recipients whose circumstances remain the same
Preference will be given to applicants not already in receipt of another bursary for their placement
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Education or Master of Teaching
- Number available
Up to A$3,550 per bursary