Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now open.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
Students in an undergraduate degree from low income and/or other disadvantaged backgrounds.
The University of the Sunshine Coast offers equity bursaries to assist students from recognised equity groups such as people from low socio-economic circumstances, people with a disability or ongoing health issues which affect studies, Indigenous students, refugees etc.
Apply 1 September - 30 November for Semester 1 study
Apply 1 April – 31 May for Semester 2 study
Payments are made by the end of the first week of classes in each Semester. Payments can take 2-3 days to appear in nominated bank accounts.
*Payment of this bursary can be considered for students enrolled in a part-time study load (24 units) who can demonstrate exceptional circumstances beyond their control preventing full-time enrolment, however students enrolled in a single course (12 units) will not be eligible to receive this bursary.
- domestic students enrolled in full-time study*
- any undergraduate degree program at UniSC
- satisfactory academic progress (minimum GPA of 4.0)
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder; or Permanent Resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- other equity considerations and circumstances
- preference will be given to students who have not already completed an undergraduate qualification
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
- approximately 600 per semester