Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now closed.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 28 August 2020.
First year students from Gympie area who have a connection with the town of Imbil and/or the Gympie area.
Established by the University in 2001 in memory of Catherine King, a second year Business student from Imbil.
The bursary will be awarded annually to a student from the Gympie Region who is able to demonstrate academic success and financial need.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- first-year student from Gympie Regional Council area (Imbil/Gympie)
- first person in the family to attend university
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit based on first year, first semester results
- financial need
- provide a short statement showing your connection with the town of Imbil and/or Gympie
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available