Semester 2 2021 scholarship applications are now open and will close on 31 May 2021.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday, 27 August 2021.
First year students from Gympie area who have a connection with the town of Imbil and/or the Gympie area.
Established by the University in 2001 in memory of Catherine King, a second year Business student from Imbil.
The bursary will be awarded annually to a student from the Gympie Region who is able to demonstrate academic success and financial need.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- first-year student from Gympie Regional Council area (Imbil/Gympie)
- first person in the family to attend university
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit based on first year, first semester results
- financial need
- provide a short statement showing your connection with the town of Imbil and/or Gympie
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available