Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now open.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
The Community Bank Samford Scholarship shall be awarded to full-time mature age students enrolled at UniSC Moreton Bay.
The Community Bank Samford Scholarship is part of the Bendigo Bank Community Bank Scholarship Program, with numerous Community Bank branches and other partners taking part in similar support of tertiary education across Australia. The Community Bank Samford Scholarship aims to support mature-age students enrolled at UniSC Moreton Bay Campus and provides financial assistance to offset the costs associated with tertiary study that can have a significant impact on a student’s ability to further their education.
Three scholarships per year valued at $5,000 will be offered and paid as $2,500 lump sum payments after the Census Date in semester 1 and 2 of the year the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- full-time continuing student enrolled in any undergraduate program at UniSC Moreton Bay
- mature age (must have turned 25 by the commencement of Semester 1 in the year the scholarship is awarded)
- successful completion of at least 96 units with a minimum of 96 units remaining
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher
- Permanent Resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- community focus (demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular, work, volunteer or community involvement)
- academic merit
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (for example: compulsory fieldwork, significant carer responsibilities) and other equity considerations
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs at UniSC Moreton Bay
- Number available