Scholarship applications are now open for International students and Diploma students.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 31 August 2023.
The Destination Australia Scholarships program aims to attract and support students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
Destination Australia is a scholarship program funded by the Australian Government to support students to study in regional Australia.
Destination Australia applications for Semester 2, 2023 are open to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at the UniSC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus who are due to commence their studies in Semester 2, 2023 in one of the approved programs. Students must complete the full program at one of the eligible campuses.
The scholarships are valued at up to $15,000 per year for the normal duration of your program and paid in lump sum payments after Census Date.
The money can be used to help cover the costs of studying at university, such as tuition fees, textbooks, or costs associated with placements, internships or study-related travel.
Note: This application is for domestic students only.
*An applicant’s location classification and remoteness area is defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area classification
- commencing full-time study in semester 2, 2023 at UniSC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area* for the duration of the program
- enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work or any Diploma program at the Fraser Coast campus
- Bachelor of Nursing at the Gympie Campus
- Selection criteria
Applicants must submit the Destination Australia Scholarship Application Form, which must include the following:
- a personal statement demonstrating commitment to studying and supporting the regional community in which you will be studying;
- evidence of academic merit (examples may include transcripts, awards, and commendations – please refer to the Supporting documentation web page for further information); and
- other supporting documentation as evidence of your income and any equity considerations, if applicable.
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work and any Diploma program at the Fraser Coast campus
- Number available
- TBC for semester 2, 2023
Up to A$60,000 for undergraduate programs
$15,000 for Diploma programs
International and Diploma students apply here: Destination Australia application form