Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024
The Destination Australia Scholarships program aims to attract and support students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
Destination Australia is a scholarship program funded by the Australian Government to support students to study in regional Australia.
Destination Australia applications for 2024 are open to undergraduate, diploma and HDR students enrolled at the UniSC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus who commence their studies in 2024 in one of the approved programs. Students must complete the full program at one of the eligible campuses.
The scholarships are valued at up to $15,000 per year for the normal duration of your program and paid in lump sum payments after Census Date.
The money can be used to help cover the costs of studying at university, such as tuition fees, textbooks, or costs associated with placements, internships or study-related travel.
*An applicant’s location classification and remoteness area is defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area classification
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- commencing full-time study in 2024 at UniSC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area* for the duration of the program
- enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work or any Diploma program at the Fraser Coast campus
- Bachelor of Nursing or any Diploma program at the Gympie Campus
- Higher Degree by Research programs at the Fraser Coast or Gympie campus
- Selection criteria
Applicants must submit the Destination Australia Scholarship Application Form, which must include the following:
- a personal statement demonstrating commitment to studying and supporting the regional community in which you will be studying
- evidence of academic merit if applicable (examples may include transcripts, awards, and commendations – please refer to the Supporting documentation web page for further information)
- other supporting documentation as evidence of your income and any equity considerations, if applicable.
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work and any Diploma and Higher Degree by Research programs
- Number available
- TBC for 2024
Up to A$60,000 for undergraduate and HDR programs
Up to $15,000 for Diploma programs
International, Diploma and HDR students apply here: Destination Australia application form
Domestic undergraduate students APPLY HERE