Scholarship applications for Semester 2 2022 are now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 26 August 2022.
The Destination Australia Scholarships program aims to attract and support students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
Destination Australia is a scholarship program funded by the Australian Government to support students to study in regional Australia.
Destination Australia applications for Semester 2, 2022 are open to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at the USC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus who are due to commence their studies in Semester 2, 2022 in one of the approved programs. Students must complete the full program at one of the eligible campuses.
The scholarships are valued at up to $15,000 per year for the normal duration of your program and paid in lump sum payments after census.
The money can be used to help cover the costs of studying at uni, including things like tuition fees, textbooks, or costs associated with placements, internships or study-related travel.
Note: This application is for domestic students only.
*An applicant’s location classification and remoteness area is defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area classification
- commencing full-time study in semester 2, 2022 at USC Fraser Coast or Gympie campus
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area* for the duration of the program
- enrolled in on of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work or any Diploma program at the Fraser Coast campus
- Bachelor of Nursing at the Gympie Campus
- Selection criteria
Applicants must submit the Destination Australia Scholarship Application Form, which must include the following:
- a personal statement demonstrating commitment to studying and supporting the regional community in which you will be studying;
- evidence of academic merit (examples may include transcripts, awards, and commendations – please refer to the Supporting documentation web page for further information); and
- other supporting documentation as evidence of your income and any equity considerations, if applicable.
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Primary Education, Bachelor of Social Work and any Diploma program at the Fraser Coast campus
- Number available
- TBC for semester 2, 2022
Up to A$60,000