Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2021.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 26 February 2021.
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2019, the Gordon Malcolm Scholarship supports undergraduate students undertaking studies in the Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology that will lead to a career in helping others overcome health challenges through rehabilitation and exercise.
Generously funded by Mr Bruce Paterson, but named in honour of his brother, the scholarship was created because of the exceptional care Bruce received through his physiotherapist at Sundale Garden Village, Nambour, which ultimately helped him to avoid leg amputation and maintain mobility and independence. Exercise is a powerful tool to improve human performance and health outcomes and exercise physiology uses the science of exercise to prevent and manage chronic conditions, injuries and to help people live healthier lives.
One scholarship each year, valued at $20,000 per scholarship, will be paid to the recipient as follows:
- $5,000 per year in each year of the scholarship recipient’s study.
- Paid as $2,500 lump sum payments approximately three weeks after Census Date in each eligible semester of study, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- full-time undergraduate student
- commencing in the Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder;
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- academic achievement
- written statement detailing career aspirations
- preference given to students with an interest in working in the aged care environment and/or with patients utilising prosthetics.
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Number available
A$2,500 per semester for the normal duration of the program up to a maximum of A$20,000