Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2021
Third year Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery undertaking a rural and remote Nursing placement
Established in 2014, the Helen Hall Rural and Remote Nursing Bursaries will be awarded to students who are in their third year of undergraduate study in either a Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery degree to support the undertaking of a rural and remote Nursing placement. The bursaries will provide support to students with their travel, accommodation and living expenses incurred during their rural and remote placement, and/or to supplement lost income during the placement period.
Please refer to the Queensland Health map of rural and remote health facilities to check if your placement facility meets the rural or remote location requirements.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
- full-time or part-time students enrolled in third year undergraduate NUR311 or NUR300 Group One of Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery programs
- undertaking a Clinical Placement in a rural or remote location with a significant Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander population
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery
- Number available