The Rotary USC Community Fund (RUSCCF) was established in 1996-97 and first awarded in 2001 by the combined Rotary Clubs of the Sunshine Coast. RUSCCF Scholarships are awarded annually to students who have completed their undergraduate degree at USC and have enrolled and commenced postgraduate studies at either the Master or Doctorate levels at USC.
The RUSCCF Committee is made up of representatives from 17 Rotary clubs from Caloundra to Noosa. Each Club makes an annual contribution to the fund at the RUSCCF Annual Joint Meeting and Dinner. To date the Fund has awarded over 50 scholarships to USC students.
The Scholarships are awarded in Semester One of the academic year, and the Scholarship funds are disbursed by Student Services and Engagement following notification. The three (3) scholarship recipients are asked to attend the Annual Rotary Joint Meeting in May of each year to receive their Scholarship and briefly speak to the assemble guests. In addition, recipients of a Scholarship may be required to speak at one Rotary club meeting in the District during the tenure of the Scholarship.
The Scholarships will not be offered in any year in which there is not a candidate of sufficient merit.
For further information please contact: USC Development Office
- awarded to the three (3) most meritorious postgraduate students who have completed their undergraduate degree at USC and who have enrolled in postgraduate studies at the Master or Doctorate levels
- with competing students of equal merit, a Scholarship will be awarded to a student from the Sunshine Coast Region
- Selection criteria
Selection of the three recipients will be made as follows:
- one (1) recipient chosen by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) from the following Schools: School of Creative Industries, School of Education, School of Social Sciences, USC Business School, USC Law School
- one (1) recipient chosen by the Deputy Vice- Chancellor (Academic) from the following Schools: School of Health and Sport Sciences, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine, School of Science and Engineering
- one (1) recipient chosen by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Number available
- 3 per year
A$4,500 per scholarship for 2020