This scholarship is currently closed. Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2022 will open on 1 September 2021.
High achieving students commencing their first undergraduate degree
This Scholarship was offered for the first time in 2015.
Mr and Mrs Thompson are generous donors to the University of the Sunshine Coast, most recently making a $5 million gift to support the development of a multi-storey car park on USC’s Sippy Downs campus, the revenue generated to fund The Thompson Excellence Scholarship and The Thompson Study Support Scholarship.
The Scholarships are paid in instalments of A$4,000 per semester for the normal duration of the program.
A$8,000 per annum for up to 6 semesters for a 3 year program up to a maximum of A$24,000
A$8,000 per annum for up to 8 semesters for a 4 or 5 year program up to a maximum of A$32,000
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of the relevant Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
** Bonus ranks applied as a result of any scheme will NOT apply for the purposes of awarding scholarships.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- commencing full-time in first undergraduate program
- enrolled in any USC undergraduate program
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- high academic achievement, minimum ATAR 89 or equivalent **
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular/community
- financial need
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
A$4,000 per semester for the normal duration of the program up to a maximum of A$32,000