Applications for study period 1, 2023 are now open and will close on 24 March 2023.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application once the assessment process has been finalised.
For Education students to gain experience in a rural or remote community.
Established in 2010 by the Tim Fairfax Family Foundation (TFFF). The aim of the Bursary is for Education students to gain valuable experience in a rural setting or remote location, as Workplace Learning and teaching experience.
Please Note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- domestic students enrolled in undergraduate Education programs or a Master of Teaching
- completed and approved rural and remote application form and interview. For more information contact email@example.com
- undertaking a UniSC approved Professional Experience (PEx) in a rural or remote location
- Permanent Resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- satisfactory completion of any Professional Experience (PEx) that has been previously undertaken
- Eligible programs
- Undergraduate Education programs and Master of Teaching
- Number available
- Numerous, depending on funding available and the demand
Up to A$2,500 (depending on duration, location and distance)