Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2021.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 26 February 2021.
High achieving students from a regional/remote area commencing their first undergraduate degree
The Tim Fairfax Regional Scholarships were established in 2008 by Mr Tim Fairfax to support students who must move away from their home residence in a regional or remote area to undertake their university studies.
The Scholarships are paid in instalments of A$2,500 per semester for the normal duration of the program.
A$5,000 per annum for up to 6 semesters for a 3 year program up to a maximum of A$15,000
A$5,000 per annum for up to 8 semesters for a 4 or 5 year program up to a maximum of A$20,000
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of the relevant Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
** Bonus ranks applied as a result of any scheme will NOT apply for the purposes of awarding scholarships
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- relocating from a regional or remote area to study at USC
- commencing full-time in first undergraduate program
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- high academic achievement (minimum ATAR 89 or equivalent) **
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular or community activities
- financial need
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available
A$2,500 per semester for the normal duration of the program up to a maximum of A$20,000