Scholarship applications are now closed.
Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
The UniSC 1996 Society Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field.
The UniSC 1996 Society is the vehicle in which supporters of UniSC, members of the community, alumni, and staff, can contribute to the University’s general endowment, the UniSC Visionaries Fund. The UniSC 1996 Society Honours Scholarship is made possible by the generous support of the members and visionaries who contribute to the endowment.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- students commencing Honours study at UniSC
- enrolled as a Commonwealth supported student in any 'end-on' Honours program (e.g. not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- not already in receipt of a UniSC merit scholarship or a UniSC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study.
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a UniSC area of research concentration - UniSC Research concentrations
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available
- 2 to be offered each year
A$5,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.