Applications will open in early 2022
Female students over 25 entering their second year of study
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions working to improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA; there are now more than 27,500 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 63 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest and trustworthy” and the emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
The Zonta Club of Maroochy Inc was chartered on 1 May 1994 with 28 members and encompasses the northeast quarter of the Sunshine Coast Council region. Two study Bursaries are offered annually to support women returning to study after a break by offering encouragement and financial assistance. They are valued at A$1000 and A$500. Payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
The Bursaries are awarded to the successful applicants at the Zonta Club of Maroochy’s annual Changeover Meeting.
Applicants should be from the Sunshine Coast regional area.
Please Note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- Applications are welcomed from women who:
- are aged 25 years or more on the 31st December 2020
- have successfully completed one year’s full time equivalent of a higher education program and are currently enrolled in their second year of the program
- are resident of the Sunshine Coast region or enrolled in a higher education institution on the Sunshine Coast
- are a permanent resident of Australia / Australian citizen
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available
A$1,000 and A$500