Applications for Semester 1 2020 are now closed.
Female students over 25 entering their second year of study
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions working to improve the legal,
political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA; there are now more than
27,500 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 63 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest
and trustworthy” and the emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
The Zonta Club of Noosa was chartered in 1993, and since then has raised and distributed more than $650,000 to improve the status of women,
locally, nationally and internationally, including projects in conjunction with UNICEF and UNIFEM.
Two study Bursaries are offered annually to support women returning to study after a break by offering encouragement and financial assistance. They are valued at A$1000 and A$500. Payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
The Bursaries are awarded to the successful applicants at the Zonta Club of Maroochy’s annual Changeover Meeting.
Applicants should be from the Sunshine Coast regional area.
- Applications are welcomed from women who:
- are aged 25 years or more on the 31st December 2019
- have satisfactorily completed at least one year’s full time equivalent of a higher education program at an approved Australian educational institution
- are currently enrolled in their chosen program of study at Diploma or higher level
- are currently enrolled in the second year of the program
- are studying on campus, on-line or by correspondence
- are resident of the Sunshine Coast
- have a commitment to community or social involvement
- are a permanent resident of Australia / Australian citizen
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available
A$1,000 and A$500