The Program and Course Committee (PACC) reports to the Academic Board.
Members ex officio (full rights)
- Chairperson as nominated by the Chairperson, Academic Board
- Deputy Chairperson as nominated by the Chairperson, Academic Board
- Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson, Learning and Teaching Committee
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (International and Quality)
- Director, Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching
Appointed members (full rights)
- Two Heads of School via an expression of interest and selected by the Chairperson, Program and Course Committee
- Up to two additional members co-opted by the Chairperson for a specified term
Elected members (full rights)
- One academic staff member at the level of Senior Lecturer or higher from the northern region, as elected by the staff (Gympie and Fraser Coast)
- One academic staff member at the level of Senior Lecturer or higher from the southern region, as elected by the staff (Moreton Bay, Caboolture and SouthBank)
- One academic staff member at the level of Senior Lecturer of higher from the central region, as elected by the staff
Invited to attend as appropriate (having participatory, but not voting, rights)
- Director, Strategic Information and Analysis (SIAU)
- Heads of Schools as required
- Dean, Indigenous Education and Engagement
- Dean, Academic
In attendance (having participatory, but not voting, rights)
- Curriculum representative, Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- Director, Student Services and Engagement
Observers (no rights)
- Any visitor with the approval of the Chairperson
Terms of Reference
As set out in the Program Accreditation and Course Approval - Governing Policy and associated Procedures:
- To make recommendations to the Academic Board on proposals for the accreditation of new undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
- To approve new courses, approve changes to service courses and courses that involve a change to, or addition of, a mode of delivery (blended, online) or location.
- To approve new study components, and changes to study components.
- To approve specified academic changes to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
- To provide advice to the Vice-Chancellor and President (or delegate) on discontinuations of courses and study components.
In addition, the Program and Course Committee will advise the Academic Board and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) on the following:
- Curriculum matters, including University Policies and Procedures regarding the University’s curriculum
- University plans associated with the University’s curriculum
- Business processes associated with curriculum approval and change
- Preparation of key submissions to government, related to the University’s curriculum
- Monitoring of the quality of the University’s curriculum through consideration of evaluation outcomes and review reports
Tenure and Frequency of Meetings
There will be at least four meetings of the Committee each year.
The academic staff nominees will serve for a period of two years.
Last Revised: Approved by Academic Board 18 June 2019