At UniSC, we believe everyone has what it takes to rise, and shine. We offer dedicated outreach programs for primary and secondary students which focus on raising aspirations and planning pathways to the future.
Underpinned by University and Commonwealth Government funding, our activities aim to inspire students from Year 4 through to Year 12, particularly those who would be the first in their family to attend higher education. All programs have a particular focus on improving the access to higher education of school students from low income, rural and Indigenous communities, through activities delivered in collaboration with schools, TAFE, other Universities and community organisations.
The programs aim to:
- Build aspirations and awareness of post school choices
- Offer career planning and guidance
- Demystify higher education
- Raise parent awareness of further education opportunities
- Provide professional development activities for teachers
- Develop educational resources and learning materials
Due to funding restrictions, outreach services are limited to specific schools and are generally offered by invitation only.
Aspirations develop from a young age. This is why we offer a range of outreach programs for primary school students to start the conversation about careers and educational opportunities sooner rather than later.
Outreach programs for secondary schools