Before submitting the form, read the below:
- This application is to be used by students seeking a deferral of their final examination that is held during the centrally scheduled examination period.
- This application must be supported by the required documentation.
- If seeking a deferred examination on medical grounds, you must complete and submit a medical certificate (PDF) before or on the day of the examination. Non-specific statements such as the patient was suffering a ‘medical condition’ will not be accepted.
- This application must be lodged prior to your examination or within three (3) working days after the examination date.
- If you complete your final examination but consider that your performance was affected by short-term illness or other exceptional circumstances outside your control, you should apply for a review of final grade based on special consideration once your final grade is released. Visit Assessment Procedures for more information.
Grounds that are not acceptable for applying for a deferral of an examination:
- Holiday arrangements including international students returning home;
- Misreading an examination timetable
- Social and leisure events including sporting or cultural commitments not at State, National or International representative level
After reading and understanding the information to the left, complete this form to request a deferred examination: