Crisis intervention and responding to trauma require a specific set of counselling skills that span a continuum of therapeutic strategies that are part of this course. You will learn diverse therapeutic modalities and the skills and techniques for assessment and intervention in Various trauma or loss recovery situations. You will examine theoretical perspectives of postmodern thought, practice trauma counselling skills and community crisis intervention techniques. Therapeutic frameworks and counselling skills for grief and loss will be introduced and practiced. Therapeutic frameworks and counselling skills for grief and loss will be introduced and practiced.
- (COU180 or SCS180) and (COU265 or SCS265) and enrolled in Program AR375, AR372, AR302, AR303, AR374, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.