This course is structured to enable you to develop advanced quantitative research skills that have relevance to higher degrees by research. The course starts with an overview of the research process and multivariate methods followed by a discussion of screening data for missing values and normality, exploratory factor analysis, unit root testing and cointegration in simple regression context, multiple regression analysis and diagnostics testing, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, and structural equation modelling. There is a strong emphasis on the use of statistical tools in data analysis and interpretation using computer packages; ethical issues in research; and reporting research results.
- Enrolled in any PGRD Program and permission required for enrolment – please contact the Course Coordinator.
- MBA719 or EMB769
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
BUS515 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 221KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.