The main focus is on companies incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The course is structured around the ‘life-cycle’ of registered companies from pre-incorporation to dissolution. It considers corporate governance with an emphasis on directors’ duties and the rights and remedies of members; corporate finance and external administration. The course also considers the context in which companies operate, their role in society and the implications of the concept of corporate personality.
- LAW204 and enrolled in any Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
LAW303 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 141KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.