- reside in the Sunshine Coast region and surrounds (see list below) or in regions outside the Sunshine Coast region classified as "Outer Regional", "Remote" or "Very Remote" under the Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC) Remoteness Areas; and
- apply for admission to an undergraduate (Bachelor degree) program at the University of the Sunshine Coast. *
* This adjustment does not apply to the Bachelor of Medical Science
This means that if you are a:
- current Year 12 student and are OP and Regional Preference Scheme eligible, your OP score will be improved by one (eg an OP 9 will be deemed as an OP 8). If you are an OP ineligible student and are Regional Preference Scheme eligible, your selection rank will be improved by two (eg a selection rank of 77 will be deemed 79).
- non-Year 12 student and are Regional Preference Scheme eligible, your selection rank will be improved by two (eg a selection rank of 77 will be deemed 79).
Applicants who reside in any of the following regional council areas are eligible for the Regional Preference adjustment:
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Noosa Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council