Female students over 25 entering their second year of study
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions working to improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women.
Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA there are now more than 30,000 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 63 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest and trustworthy”, and the emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
Two study Bursaries are offered annually to support women returning to study after a break by offering encouragement and financial assistance. They are valued at A$1000 and A$500.
The Bursaries are awarded to the successful applicants at the Zonta Club of Maroochy’s annual Changeover Meeting.
Applicants should be from the Sunshine Coast regional area.
- female student having completed at least one year's full time equivalent of an undergraduate degree
- over 25 years of age as at 31 December 2017
- demonstrated commitment to a community group and/or community service
- resident in the Sunshine Coast Regional Council area
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Eligible programs:
- All programs
- Number available:
- A$1,000 and A$500