Role: Head of Physical Performances in High Performance Sport at USC
Qualifications: PhD, DipTeach, DipTDD, DipMgt, DipFit
- Master Coach ASCA Professional Coaching Accreditation Scheme (PCAS-M)
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association Level 3 Coach
- ESSA Accredited Sport Scientist Level 2 (ASpS2)
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist National Strength and Conditioning Association America (CSCS)
- Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach Emeritus (RSCC*E)
Physical Performance at USC:
- 2011-present: lead physical performance coach for the USC Spartans High Performance Swimming Program
- 2016-present: lead physical performance coach for the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball Team
Mark started his career as a Physical Education teacher and still uses these teaching/coaching skills he learnt in many of his current coaching roles. Mark completed his PhD in Sport and Exercise Science at USC and has 30+ years of experience in various sports, including Sprint Kayak, Tennis, Swimming and Netball.
Mark is Head of Physical Performance in High-Performance Sport at USC and oversees all the HP Sports programs and the PPC that work in these programs.
Mark has worked with USC’s High-Performance swimming program since its inception in 2011 and has more than two decades’ experience working with elite swimmers. Mark is also the inaugural Physical Performance Coach for the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball team based at USC.